206 East Grand Boulevard
Detroit, MI 48207
Public Access: Yes
National Register Date: November 25, 1983
About the Merchants Building
Designed by Otto Misch in 1922, the Merchants Building, an eight-story, terra cotta wrapped, steel and reinforced-concrete building topped with a flat roof and a single terra cotta parapet wall, is significant as a well-designed and developed terra cotta clad, Classical Revival building. The building was one of three that John J. Barlum had constructed in the 1920s to stimulate growth in the Cadillac Square area."