Follow the WA3 on Twitter!
The Woodward Avenue Action Association (WA3) is an economic and community development organization working to enhance and improve the visual, economic, functional and historic character of Woodward Avenue through a local and regional effort. Woodward Avenue’s 27 miles traverse eleven communities and two counties in metro-Detroit, and include some of Michigan’s best assets – from thriving business districts to some of the world’s most historic sites.
The WA3 works to bring business people, residents, community leaders, elected officials and stakeholders together to identify opportunities to strengthen and enhance Woodward's economic and historic potential.
Woodward Avenue Action Association Overview
Woodward Avenue is one of the world’s premier business, recreational, entertainment and cultural destinations. This All-American Road is a vital connector among communities, were people identify with its heritage and aspire to maintain its importance into the future. It is globally recognized as ‘the place’ to experience and enjoy automobile heritage and as a magnet for innovative businesses and creative talent. A vibrant, sustainable and livable corridor, Woodward links thriving downtowns and urban districts which are alive with activity and excitement and serves as a gateway for vibrant neighborhoods.
The vision for this 27 Mile All American Road is achieved by:
· A walkable complete street harmoniously shared by transit, bicycles and automobiles.
· Inspiring architecture, quality streetscaping and beautiful public spaces that are well maintained, clean, safe, welcoming and adorned with public art.
· A variety of robust retail and residential uses
· Increased patronage of businesses, cultural attractions, sporting and entertainment events
· Development of our unique heritage through an Automobile Heritage Welcome Center and designation of two World Heritage sites; increased public access and experiential tours of these heritage sites.
· Recognition as a national model of public/private collaborations and strategic alliances.
*Amended June 17, 2010 by WA3 Board of Directors